16 Nov Berry Ice Blocks
Berry Ice Blocks
Stay cool this summer!
- • 2 cups 500 gms mixed berries (eg strawberries, blueberries, blackberries) chopped
- • 2/3 cup Spry® Xylitol Sweetener
- • 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- • ½ cup milk
- • ½ cup granola
- Gently stir berries and Spry® xylitol sweetener together over a low heat in a saucepan until xylitol is fully dissolved. (Stir when required to prevent burning)
- Increase temperature to medium to high heat and bring to rapid simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until berries are thick and jammy.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the yoghurt, ¼ cup of milk, berries, and granola. Mixture should be thick but pourable. Whisk in more milk if required.
- Pour mixture into 6 ice block moulds (approx. ½ cup capacity)
- Tap the moulds lightly against counter to remove air bubbles.
- Insert ice block sticks into each mould and place in freezer for at least 6 hours.