04 Dec Sugar Free Egg Nog
Sugar Free Egg Nog
This flavourful simple sugar free eggnog recipe will have everyone asking you for more, especially with its low calories and irresistible taste.
Write a review
- 2½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- cinnamon, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the almond milk and vanilla, and heat until it almost simmers (do not bring to a boil.).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg white, Lite&Sweet, and cornstarch until frothy.
- Temper the eggs into the heated almond milk. To do this, add about ¼ cup of the almond milk to the egg mixture, whisking quickly. Add another ¼ cup, and whisk again. Tempering allows both liquids to come to the same temperature before combining them, so the eggs do not curdle.
- Add the cooled-down egg mixture to the almond milk, and whisk to combine. Stir frequently until it begins to thicken, about 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, to taste.
- Serve warm or chilled and top with optional sugar free whipping cream and sprinkle some powder cinnamon to decorate.
Sweet Friends https://sweetfriends.co.nz/