12 Dec Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Cookies
These delectable chocolate mocha cookies are given a festive kick with the addition of peppermint candy canes – they are the perfect treat for any holiday cookie tray. While being made with unsweetened cocoa powder and Lite&Sweet this recipe could not be more irresistible and healthy. Although other people’s cookie tray maybe be filled with lots of sugary cookies yours can be filled with delicious and low calorie ones!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups Chocolate Carob Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Lite&Sweet
- 3 teaspoons Instant Coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 soft peppermint candies crushed
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- MELT butter and 1 cup chocolate carob chips in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk constantly, until smooth.
- TRANSFER chocolate mixture into a large mixer bowl; add Lite&Sweet and beat until combined. Add coffee granules, vanilla extract and peppermint extract; beat just until combined. Beat in eggs. Add flour and baking powder, mixing in low speed until all is incorporated. Fold in remaining 2 cups chocolate carob chips.
- SCOOP dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart, using a medium size cookie scoop. Sprinkle each cookie with a little of the crushed peppermint candies.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Allow to cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.