05 Oct Sugar Free Witch Fingers
Sugar Free Witch Fingers
Write a review
1 hr 25 min
1 hr 25 min
- 1 cup butter (226 grams), softened
- 1 cup (115 grams) powdered Lite N Sweet
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (167 grams) white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups (167 grams) white whole wheat flour, whole wheat flour, or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (105 grams) blanched almonds
- 1/2 - 1 cup (118 - 236ml) strawberry jam (preferably sugar free)
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract and mix. When well combined, add the flour and salt. When thoroughly combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Take about a fourth of the dough out of the fridge and begin rolling out the fingers. I rolled them out the size of my pinky, both in length and thickness. Add an almond to the tip for the fingernail and press down to make sure it's secure. Form a knuckle by squeezing (see the gallery below) and then use a knife to make some creases. Place on a Silpat on a cookie sheet (or just a cookie sheet), leaving about a centimeter between them. Repeat with the rest of the dough until the cookie sheet is full.
- Bake for 17 - 22 minutes or until slightly golden. Let the cookies cool, and then remove the almonds from the cookies. Add some jam in the cavities and then put the almonds back, making sure you used enough jam for them to ooze a little. Also add some jam around knuckles for extra nastiness. I used about 1/2 cup jam and used the rest as "dip."
- Powdered Lite N Sweet: Mill in Food Processor or Nutri Bullet
Sweet Friends https://sweetfriends.co.nz/